Sonntag, 22. November 2015

Iraq



Haidar Abdul-Razzaq (Al-Talaba)
Iraq vs. Portugal (4:2) | Olympics 2004 in Greece
Finally! Finally I got an Iraq shirt! And not only that, I got the famous "Jack&Jones" shirt of Iraq!
Iraq is a very strange case for me. i do have plenty of contacts in Iraq, mainly in Kurdistan, and furthermore, I even know quite a few of Iraqi national team players in person! Iraq definitely belonged to one of the top teams in Asia for most of the last 10 years. However, Iraq shirts always have been everything else than "easily available" on the market. They are available from time to time, usually for high prices and in bizarre sizes, but I always found it hard to find a cheap one, a fitting one or this Jack&Jones shirt.
Now, finally, I got it! It only costs me as little as 25€ as well, including all the shipping costs! It was only available on ebay.co.uk and only for internal shipping within the UK, but my friend Nick bought it for me and played the proxy luckily.
The shirt is amazing not for its design, which is quite boring, but because it is made by Jack&Jones. The casual brand never sponsored any football team or even any sports team and suddenly felt the need to once get involved in football as it seems. The obvious choice for an US company seemed to be Iraq. I never understood this partnership, but exactly that made this shirt amazingly interesting to me!
Thanks Nick for being the proxy here.

1 Kommentar:

  1. There is a site called Vintagefootballshirts.co.uk which the Iraq shirts are on sale for low prices right now and new!

    AntwortenLöschen