Sonntag, 7. Dezember 2014

Estonia





Alo Bärengrub (Nomme Kalju)
Estonia vs. Jordan (1:0) | friendly 2014 in Tallin
This shirt is absolutely amazing - maybe one of the most amazing in my whole collection. I do not really know where to start about this one, so I will just tell the story of the shirt chronologically.

I was approached by a museum in Germany that invited me to talk about a way to present my collection. The idea is that my collection will be exhibited permanently, but are only a loan and remain mine.
Somehow I felt that it would be great if I could have a few more matchworn shirts for this exhibition as those are the real pieces of footballing history. So I wrote messages to a couple of footballers that played a match a few days after and asked them for help.
One of only 3 or 4 players that even only reacted to my mails was Alo Bärengrub from Estonia. I started to talk to him and learned a lot about football in Estonia, their league and the national team. He is definitely - together with the Central African Kelly Youga - one of the nices international footballers I ever spoke to and it is always a pleasure to chat with him about this or that.
He was not able - and probably not in the mood - to get me a shirt from their match vs. San Marino, but was more lucky in the match vs. Jordan they had shortly after.  He saved the shirt he wore in the first half for me and send it to me a week later.
I really appreciate your help Alo and if you ever read it be sure this piece will have a very special place in my collection and hopefully soon in the museum!
Besides that you really fascinated me for Estonian football and I am really convinced to go to Tallin for an Estonian national team match next year! I would love to see you on the pitch!

The shirt itself is absolutely amazing. I love the nearly too big number on the back and the amazing design of the number and name print. I could not find out what the little animal on the backside wants to tell me, but it looks cool and makes the shirt a bit more special.

Thanks Alo and see you soon!

1 Kommentar:

  1. Love the printing on this one. I saw Estonia lose 1-0 to Scotland in Gordon Strachan's first match as manager at Aberdeen's Pittodrie stadium.

    AntwortenLöschen