Freitag, 27. November 2015

Czech Republic



Pavel Kuka (1.FC Kaiserslautern, Germany)
Czech Republic vs. Belarus (4:2), Euro 1996 qualifiers, 2005 in Czech Republic
I saw that amazingly old beauty on ebay.de and won the race for it for as little as 39,17€+3,90€ for the shipping. I tend to never trust "matchworn" shirts on ebay, as 99.9% of them are not worn and often even just fakes, unfortunately. However, this one caught my attention as you do not see many of those shirts around and the seller came from Kaiserslautern and the description was, badly translated, "it is some Czech shirts, somewhere between 1994 and 1998, which Pavel wore when he was still in Kaiserslautern".
This description was way too "floppy" for a matchworn faker. I dropped him a message and he told me that he is a die-hard Kaiserslautern for ages and worked inside the club for plenty of years and that Pavel Kuka was a personal friend of him when he was in Kaiserslautern. I believe that story and thus believe that this is really a matchworn Czech shirt!
Of course I did my homework and could figure out that this shirt was worn in the qualifiers for their best ever tournament, the 1996 Euros, where only Germany could stop them in the final. This shirt was only worn in 3 or 4 qualifier matches in 1995, but I could not find any proof of the exact match where Pavel Kuka wore it.
However, this shirt can surely be seen as part of the biggest history of the Czech national team! I am very proud to hold this historic piece in my eyes, especially as I really loved the Czech team in 1996, which was one of the first tournaments I closely followed.
Speaking about the shirt it is... well, a template. But an amazing ridicolous one! I love it. This design is just very much 90s!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen