Mittwoch, 4. März 2015

Iran 2





Ali Karimi (Bayern München / Germany)
Iran vs. Portugal (0:2) | 2006 World Cup in Germany
I do have this Iran shirt for ages, but for some reason I never put it on my blog. Probably because it is a XL boys sized shirts. However it fits me somehow, even though it is damn tight.
I clearly prefer that design over the Iran shirt in my posession and I am also pleased that Ali Karimi is printed on the back.
Like Mahdavikia, who is on the back of my other Iran shirt, Ali Karimi is very well known here in Germany thanks to his 2 season spell with Bayern München and maybe even more because of his one season spell for Schalke 04 during the times of crazy but genious Felix Magath. Ali Karimi played all his career except for those 3 seasons in Iran and is still active over there for Tractor Sazi.
He was promoted as one of the biggest talents in the world when he moved to Bayern, which he could never proof unfortunately. When Magath bought him for Schalke the whole German football world was then only shaking its head and had no other topic to speak about - until he signed Charisteas.
However I think Karimi is quite a decent player and he would have probably been very successful if he would have gone to smaller Bundesliga clubs - just like Mehdi Mahdavikia did.

1 Kommentar: